Rosemary oil is one of the most popular essential oils. It has become important to us due to its various health benefits including its ability to stimulate hair growth, boost mental activity, relieve respiratory problems and reduce pain.
- Hair Care – Rosemary helps to stimulate follicles to slow hair loss and graying, and help hair grow longer and stronger. Can be mixed into shampoo, and can be massaged into the scalp to nourish dryness and eliminate dandruff. Also kills lice!
- Skin Care – Put a few drops into a carrier oil, such as olive, almond or apricot kernel, and massage into skin to tone and relieve dryness. Can be used the same way on the face as a beauty aid.
- Pain Relief – Rosemary is known to relieve pain of headaches, muscle pains, sore muscles and even arthritis. Massage the oil into the area with pain.
- Aroma – Can be mixed with water to make a spray to use to eliminate odors
- Mouth – can be mixed with water and used as a mouthwash; Do not swallow.
- Boost Mood and Mental Activity – Excellent brain and nerve tonic. Increases concentration, and is a good remedy for depression, fatigue and forgetfulness. Inhaling rosemary oil will lift your mood immediately!
- Respiratory Problems – The scent can relieve throat congestion. Putting a drop or two on the fingers with some carrier oil, and spread across the sinus and throat area can treat respiratory allergies, colds and flu. Or add a few drops to hot water and inhale the steam.
It is a volatile oil, so use in carrier oils, and not for use by pregnant or nursing mothers. As with all essential oils, a little goes a long way!