How would I make a nourishing herbal infusion?
- Put 1 ounce of the dried herb in a glass quart canning jar.
- Pour boiling water into the jar to cover the herb and fill it up to the very top.
- Screw on the lid and let sit for between 4 and 10 hours.
- Then strain out the herb – I pour the whole jar, herb and all, into a mesh reusable produce bag, over a bowl or sauce pan. Then squeeze out all of the remaining liquid from the herb that's in the bag.
- Pour all of the liquid back into the canning jar and refrigerate.
- Drink within 2 to 2 ½ days.
- The herb should then be thrown in your yard or garden to finish it's life cycle!