Benefits of Bergamot Essential Oil
- Bergamot oil can be used in a blended massage oil, or diluted in a bath to assist with stress, tension, SAD, PMS, skin problems, compulsive eating, colds and flu, anxiety, depression, or feeling fed-up
- When you are looking for an oil to help with depression, SAD (Seasonal Affected Disorder) or generally feeling just a bit off, lacking in self-confidence or feeling shy, then consider bergamot oil.
- It also has superb antiseptic qualities that are useful for skin complaints, such as acne, oily skin conditions, eczema and psoriasis.
- It can also be used on cold sores, chicken pox and wounds.
- It has a powerful effect on stimulating the liver, stomach and spleen and has a superb antiseptic effect on urinary tract infections and inflammations such as cystitis.
- Works as an insect repellent and an aide for mosquito bites.
- Inhaling Bergamot oil reduces stress and promotes relaxation
How to use:
A few drops of Bergamot mixed with a teaspoon of olive, almond or sesame oil can be massaged onto parts of the body. Bergamot can also be inhaled either straight from the bottle , a drop on the hand, a drop on a cotton ball, or used in a diffuser. It can be used ‘neat’ (direct) on bites and cold sores. Finally, a few drops of Bergamot can be placed in your bath for a relaxing, stress relieving soak.
Note: Bergamot is a citrus so should not be put on the skin directly before going in the sun